by D. Clark McIntosh
The Seventh Day Adventists movement started in the Riviere aux Pins area sometime between 1908 and 1919, according to the memories of Mr. Nelson Ireland and Doris Lin, both previous residents of the area. The meetings were held in someone’s home or in the old school house. A very persuasive preacher converted many settlers including some members of the Clark, Davis, McCune, Atkins, Brooks, Neil, McBain, and Vacher families. The first records for the church began around 1926. A small cemetery was built, however, it now lies on the land that was expropriated for the Army Base, and permission is needed to visit it.